Last update: 6 May 2006
You are cordially
invited to attend the Pre-Conference Workshop of the African Association for Lexicography that
will be held at the
Monday 3 and the morning of Tuesday 4 July 2006
THEME: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF SOUTH AFRICAN LEXICOGRAPHY
Presenters: Prof. Rufus Gouws (
During this workshop, fundamental issues in South African lexicography will be discussed. The discussion will be based on the newly-published (2005) book Principles and Practice of South African Lexicography by R.H. Gouws and D.J. Prinsloo.
The book Principles and Practice
of South African Lexicography is directed at experts in the field of
practical and theoretical lexicography in
· material collection and corpus building,
· the user-perspective,
· the frame structure of dictionaries,
· macrostructural and microstructural aspects,
· equivalent relations, and
· the access structure.
· Before 20 June 2006: R600. The registration fee includes a copy of the book Principles and Practice of South African Lexicography by Gouws, R.H. and Prinsloo, D.J. 2005. Stellenbosch: SUN PReSS.
· Late registration: R700. At the workshop venue on 3 July 2006 from 08:00 onwards.
· This workshop forms part of the activities of the 11th International AFRILEX Conference on Lexicography. To register, please fill in the form included with the latest Circular.
Attendees must please organise their own accommodation. An updated list of available accommodation can be found here.
Looking forward to seeing you in
Back to HOME